From early Babylonians to present-day Americans, people have been celebrating the beginning of every new year for almost four thousand years!1 Here are a few ways people celebrate the holiday in the United States:2
- 61 percent of American adults say a prayer on New Year’s Eve
- 44 percent plan to kiss someone at midnight
- 22 percent fall asleep before the New Year arrives
- 45 percent make resolutions to lose weight, spend less, save more, etc.
- 73 percent keep their resolutions for less than two days
One million people gather in Times Square and 2,000 pounds of confetti fall on their heads. One billion people around the world watch festivities on television. Ushering in the New Year is a momentous event.2
If you have any momentous events in your life – marriage, birth, death, divorce, or something else – please let us know. We want you to be secure financially as momentous changes can alter financial plans.
We wish you a Happy New Year!